Pre-registration and pre-payment is required and will improve your classroom experience by minimizing on-site paperwork and improving the timely start of all events. Before you register, take a few moments to read the following information and familiarize yourself with the process.
- The I-CAR online registration system will require that you login to your myI-CAR account. To do so, you will need to know your user name and password. To verify username and password information, contact email@example.com.
- To register individuals other than yourself, have the correct spelling of their last name(s) and I-CAR ID numbers available.
- Have a major credit card or e-codes available for payment. e-codes are not an applicable form of payment for Equivalency Tests.
Beginning the registration process
- Visit the I-CAR via the web site at www.i car.com.
- Find the “Live Event Search” box and enter your ZIP code to see a listing of events near you. This will provide you with a list of events that are scheduled in your area.
- Click on “More Info” button for details on the event that you’re interested in.
- Select the “Register” button and you will be prompted to log in to your myI-CAR account.
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to continue the registration process for yourself or for others.
- Be sure to include your email address as well as the email addresses of those you will be registering. This will ensure that an email confirmation and reminders about their event are received.
- Register for your training at least 24 hours in advance to ensure that student information is included on the class attendance form.
- While names of registered students will be provided to the instructor, it is recommended that you take a copy of your email confirmation to the event with you as your proof of payment and enrollment.
Online Registration Frequently Asked Questions
1. When registering, why am I being asked for my username and password?
Your unique information allows I-CAR to ensure that the training you request for either yourself or your employees is properly linked with your account and that records are maintained in one easy-to-access location.
2. How can I get my username and password?
You can access this information by calling Customer Care.
3. How do I access I-CAR ID’s for others I want to register?
Each student/employee is responsible for furnishing this information to an employer. This information can also be found on the I-CAR Gold Class Status Report.
4. Can I register more than one person?
Yes, you are able to create event searches and registrations for multiple people.
5. Is there an option to register several people in one transaction?
Yes, you are able to register multiple people in one transaction.
6. Do I need to log in to each of my employees myI-CAR accounts separately to register them?
No. You only need to login to your own account and you may register yourself and/or as many employees/students for events as needed. You will need the correct spelling of the last name and I-CAR ID numbers for any individuals that are being registered for training.
7. What if I want to register an individual or myself for more than one event?
While you’re logged in to your myi-car account, you are able to create multiple event searches and registrations.
8. How do I pay for training?
You will be prompted to select a form of payment. I-CAR accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express (US only), electronic checks, e-codes and I-CAR discount coupons. As of December 31, 2011, I-CAR eliminated the sale of pre-paid coupons, however coupons that have already been purchased will still be honored as payment, but new coupons will not be issued.
9. The old RSVP system did not require payment in advance. Why has I-CAR changed it process from RSVP to online registration?
Payment in advance has always been required to attend I-CAR training. Online registration eliminates the need to purchase I-CAR discount coupons for payment and simplifies the event experience by providing student registration and payment information to the instructor in advance.
10. Will I receive my Gold Class Professionals or Platinum Individual discount?
When you log in using your username and password, I-CAR is able to identify the status of registrants to determine discounts.
11. Can I pay at the door?
No, online registration and pre-payment is required. Walk-ins and pay at the door will not be admitted.
12. What is needed for entry into the event?
It is highly recommended that you print a copy of your confirmation and bring it with you to the event.
13. Is I-CAR Customer Care able to assist me with the registration process?
While it is recommended that you register online for the fastest service, a member of the I-CAR Customer Care team can also assist you with registration, 800.422.7872.