Welding Capability & Readiness Assessment
All I-CAR® Welding Training & Certification™ courses include a thorough pre-course capability and readiness assessment to confirm that the facility’s infrastructure and equipment are prepared for the in-shop Welding Training & Certification course. This process helps to confirm that technicians will be able to safely and properly perform the welding techniques covered in the course. It also reduces the possibility of technical issues to help the Instructor devote the course time entirely to student learning.
Welding Capability & Readiness Assessment includes:
• A preliminary phone interview conducted by the Instructor a few days before the course to confirm the experience level of the participating technicians, as well as the availability and proper setup of gear, equipment and infrastructure.
• The loading, transportation, unloading and setup by the Instructor of the metal coupons and rails used in the Welding Training & Certification course.
• Onsite setup of clamps, the vise and other testing-related equipment.
• Required equipment adjustments, including replacement of nozzles, tips or liners.
• The performance of test welds on all welders to confirm the shop’s ability to meet testing standards prior to the course’s beginning.
• Destructive testing of all welding coupons for full confirmation.
If the Instructor finds that the facility does not meet the course standards, he or she will work collaboratively with the shop manager to resolve any issues so that the shop is ready to host the course.